vrijdag 25 januari 2019

JUST A MONKEY-STORY




I finished the monkey-story.”, The Master said, when he entered “the Shop. “But to be precise, it should be named an ape-story. A chimp is an ape, not a monkey.”

Ryanna smiled. “Tell me later, I am quite busy now.”

Thatwas true. 7 “Regulars” and many tourists, who only came to buy “stuff. Something not heard of and punishable by law in their homecountry. The fact that Amsterdam was a touristmagnet, was not due to the Rijksmuseum and the canals but to the availability of every drug and pill, known to modern men.
It is in such a coffeeshop I write my diary and the concept of my book. Words, sentences and pictures I select from my daily newspaper, a right-wing journal called the “Telegraaf”. Why this newspaper? Because you have to know your enemy before you fight them, Sun Tzu the Chinese general. “You have to know them better, than you know yourself”.

Which is true.

This paper, but it also goes for other media as social media and television, is a tool in the hands of our oppressor, like it was in World War 2. Large pictures of brutal events and elaborate reports about sadism and crime, are there to make you afraid. Refugees are stigmatised as criminals, rapists or terrorists. Economic-news is used this way as well and keeps the workers docile. Law and order is applauded and growth of the defense-budget seen as necessary. The readers, 100.000's of them, are massaged on a daily basis.

8ogxg2

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten