zondag 31 augustus 2014


PLEASE ALLOW ME, TO INTRODUCE MYSELF


I believe in the existence of unicorns, (and in many more entities and “tendencies to exist”). But most of all, I believe in unicorns.

Why? I never saw a real one, but a long, long time ago, I was about 12 years old, I had gotten permission to visit and use the “Big Library”, for adults only, when I first was confronted by this mystery animal. The building is gone now and so are the many books that were kept there, too.

In the dusty and narrow alleyways one could wander for hours. And this is what I did. History, Geography, exotic locations and the wonders of nature, were my favorite subjects.

One Wednesday afternoon I layed my hands on a big book, richly illustrated , which told the story of the unicorn, who was still alive and kicking. Where? In Kenya!



The book, with a picture of a unicorn on the cover, told the story of an old book, that was recently discovered, which described a strategy to find the mysterious white horse. Or better, the animal would find YOU, if you were worthy.

As a novice, the daring had to undergo a kind of initiation-rite. Quite dangerous, because it meant a close confrontation with lions and elephant. The book described the journey of a German antropologist, who had made it all the way. The book was full of pictures of elephants and a lion-pack. The author got realy close to these wild animals. He was helped by a anoyting oil, the recipee was in the book.

But the last part of the book was the most impressive. Lots of pictures of unicorns in their natural habitat, wearing small blue flowers on their head. There even was a picture of a unicorn charg a lion.

The book was gone, when I searched for it, a couple of years later. But I still am convinced, that the pictures were authentic. No way, that it was faked and manipulated .

Do unicorns exist? Yes!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten